Friday, June 3, 2011

My Reflection Of Me

     My name is Tricia Jones, and I am 35 years old. I have 3 fantastic kids and my first and most important thing in my life is my children. I love to travel, go to ball games and work with people. My dream job is to get a major in Human Resources and bachelors in Science and Business Administration working for a large company. My mom was my age when she got her masters. She inspired me to never give up and work hard to get where I want to go.
    My favorite subject has always been English so this has been quite the experience because it took me out of my comfort zone. I have learned a lot about writing and what I thought I was really good at; I’ve learned I have a lot of work to do. I found my weaknesses and have worked on my strengths.
     I have enjoyed working on our Identity, Community and Tradition essays but have found it really challenging due to my lack of knowledge on analyzing. I am an emotional writer so analyzing has been difficult but fun to explore. I think it is so important to slow life down long enough to really take a look at where we came from and why?
     What has stood out for me is that we all have the same desire to belong. We all have traditions that are important to us and we all search for meaning. I did one essay on the movie “Edward Scissor Hands” and chose that one because I think we have all felt left out at one time in our life and we have all felt like an outsider of a community at some point. This was a good one for me to write on because it was the easiest one to relate to. However, it wasn’t my best work but it did bring out my want to look deeper into my writing.
     This class has been an enjoyment for me but found I went from being a straight A student to about a C, J So I have much to work on. To pursue my degree in business I will continue to work hard and gather as much knowledge as I can in the meantime.
     I look forward to working on this e portfolio. Have a great rest of the quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment